WMPTC EST. 2004
WELCOME TO WESTERN MINDANAO PITBULL TERRIER CLUB! LOG-IN OR REGISTER TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE FORUM.

THANK YOU!
WMPTC EST. 2004
WELCOME TO WESTERN MINDANAO PITBULL TERRIER CLUB! LOG-IN OR REGISTER TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE FORUM.

THANK YOU!
WMPTC EST. 2004
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WMPTC EST. 2004

HomeHISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Western Mindanao Pit Bull Terrier Club, Est. 2004
JOIN THE CLUB NOW!!! Email us at wmptc@yahoo.com!!!
JOIN THE CLUB NOW!!!
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Join-the-club-3
Click below to download Forms
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Downlo10
Latest topics
» Airsoft Lovers
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm by Andres

» UPCOMING MOVIES FOR 2011
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm by bolt11

» HELMET LAW PROTEST
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:44 am by Andres

» MANNY BEIBER!
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:22 am by Banjo

» JAPANESE ANDROIDS
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:06 pm by bulldog

» enormous snake
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:49 pm by bulldog

» Macho Man Randy Savage
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 pm by bulldog

» Pacquiao vs Mayweather Jr.
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 pm by Banjo

» BREAKING NEWS: BIN LADEN DEAD
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:14 pm by Banjo

» TRIVIA
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:18 am by Banjo

» OPERATION RED WING
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 am by Gameness

» GUILTY DOGS
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:51 am by Banjo

» BABY SHOCKED
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:56 am by Gameness

» Dog in Japan after Earthquake
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 am by Banjo

» EARTHQUAKES AND TSUNAMIS
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:32 am by Banjo

FREE ADS - BULLY MAX
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Untitl10
Click on Picture
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Facebo10 HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Twitte10 HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Google11 HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Yahoo10 HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Ytube10 HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Wahoy-11 HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Sulit_10 HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Untitl13
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gameness
WMPTC PRESIDENT
WMPTC PRESIDENT
Gameness

Male Posts : 758

MEMBER / APBT REGISTRY
Member ID#: 10204-0001

HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY Empty
PostSubject: HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY   HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:45 pm

If I’m not mistaken, the year was 1990 when the first strain of pit bulls came to the city, just 2 years short from the first pit bull to arrive in the country, those were of a gamebred line brought in and imported by Danny Alano straight from the U.S out of Terry Hammond’s kennel. Mr. Hammond was a true legendary dogman.

Not to many people knew anything about pit bulls then, the breed’s name itself is virtually unheard of. Danny bred his dogs and kept his strains pure Alligator. Alligator line was his stock; a tight alligator that was. The lanky, tall, mean dogs that some of us were fortunate enough to get their hands on. Such magnificent beasts, despite their somewhat unlovable appearance and man-biter reputation they still put up to be one of the most fun loving strains of pit bulls I ever owned.

I got my first pit bull straight from Jovince Arce’s yard, to my knowledge he owned the biggest yardful of dogs in the entire Philippines. 1996 was a long time ago to some, but for me the memory of acquiring my first pit bull is still fresh in my mind as if it just happened yesterday, to cut things short I got a male pup from the litter of Dozer and Wickett. Dozer was a big bulky stud, he was calm yet intimidating even when he was inside his kennel while Whickett was just dying to get out of her kennel and bite the hell out of me. Man, she was menacingly ferocious. That display never deterred me from loving the pit bull, it made me love the breed more and more, such valiant breed. Dozer turned to be the foundation stud for most of the showtypes in the country while Whickett continued her game in the pit, she was a champion. The two dogs were just one of the many dogs Mr. Arce owned.

I got my lil’ dozer pup named Hooch home in Zamboanga and when he turned 3 months I immediately joined the first dogshow in Zamboanga City, the “Back-to-back All-breed Canine fun Match ‘96”. There I met Danny, and we started to speak the same language! I visited his yard often during those days and eventually got a pure alligator line bitch named Nova.. I bred Nova with my dog Hooch which threw in only three pups but Danny also bred his dogs during that time and produced nine pups, however the public didn’t seem to care much about it, not much was known about pit bulls then. I gave two of the pups to my friends, one went to Allan Alforte and named his pup Igor and the other to Jeremy Pecson which he named Basti. These two dogs became one of the fountainheads of pit bulls in the city. During the course Danny sold some of his pups to the soldiers in Basilan, and the rest were given to some friends of ours. Our friend Gregor Schlough owned a pure alligator line named Pekta from Danny’s breeding. We bred Pekta and Igor producing nine pups, unfortunately only one survived up to this day. the Dog’s name is Taz, Jeremy owns him, such a giant ¾ alligator, but Taz was never bred due to his innate super aggressive nature to other animals.

Through out sometime people were getting more and more aware of the pit bull breed. Thanks to the efforts of these pit bull owners constantly exposing their dogs in shows and dog-walks. We continued breeding our dogs, outcrossing them to new strains from other pit bull owners who acquired their dogs mostly from Pagadian and Ipil( Dozer and carver strains they say) and since then the population of pit bulls were already abounding the City.
Back to top Go down

HISTORY OF PIT BULLS IN ZAMBOANGA CITY
Page 1 of 1