WMPTC EST. 2004
WELCOME TO WESTERN MINDANAO PITBULL TERRIER CLUB! LOG-IN OR REGISTER TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE FORUM.

THANK YOU!
WMPTC EST. 2004
WELCOME TO WESTERN MINDANAO PITBULL TERRIER CLUB! LOG-IN OR REGISTER TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE FORUM.

THANK YOU!
WMPTC EST. 2004
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WMPTC EST. 2004

HomeTRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Western Mindanao Pit Bull Terrier Club, Est. 2004
JOIN THE CLUB NOW!!! Email us at wmptc@yahoo.com!!!
JOIN THE CLUB NOW!!!
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Join-the-club-3
Click below to download Forms
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Downlo10
Latest topics
» Airsoft Lovers
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm by Andres

» UPCOMING MOVIES FOR 2011
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm by bolt11

» HELMET LAW PROTEST
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:44 am by Andres

» MANNY BEIBER!
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:22 am by Banjo

» JAPANESE ANDROIDS
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:06 pm by bulldog

» enormous snake
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:49 pm by bulldog

» Macho Man Randy Savage
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 pm by bulldog

» Pacquiao vs Mayweather Jr.
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 pm by Banjo

» BREAKING NEWS: BIN LADEN DEAD
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:14 pm by Banjo

» TRIVIA
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:18 am by Banjo

» OPERATION RED WING
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 am by Gameness

» GUILTY DOGS
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:51 am by Banjo

» BABY SHOCKED
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:56 am by Gameness

» Dog in Japan after Earthquake
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 am by Banjo

» EARTHQUAKES AND TSUNAMIS
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:32 am by Banjo

FREE ADS - BULLY MAX
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Untitl10
Click on Picture
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Facebo10 TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Twitte10 TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Google11 TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Yahoo10 TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Ytube10 TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Wahoy-11 TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Sulit_10 TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Untitl13
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Banjo
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Banjo

Male Posts : 870

MEMBER / APBT REGISTRY
Member ID#: 10204-0002

TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) Empty
PostSubject: TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team)   TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:53 pm

In a country where everybody focuses on basketball...the Philippine Football Team (AZKALS) out of nowhere reached the Semi Finals in the ASEAN FOOTBALL FEDERATION(AFF) SUZUKI CUP 2010.

One great achievement for the Philippine football team is when they defeated Vietnam 2-0 on The 5th of Dec 2010 held in "Hanoi Vietnam", as the Philippines have never scored a point against Vietnam. Note Vietnam is the defending Champion.hehe.

The Philippine Azkals’ quarterfinal victory over Vietnam in the 2010 ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Suzuki Cup made it to Sports Illustrated’s Top 10 soccer stories this year.

The Azkals' 2-0 win over Vietnam early this month is ranked No. 10 on the list compiled by Sports Illustrated columnist Georgina Turner.

“This year's tournament produced arguably the biggest upset in its history: Defending champion and federation powerhouse Vietnam lost 2-0 to the Philippines, ranked 151st in the world and without so much as a point off Vietnam in nearly 20 years,” Turner said in her column “Inside Soccer”.

The Azkals defeated Vietnam in front of 40,000 Vietnamese spectators at the My Dinh National Stadium on December 5.

Chris Greatwich scored the opening goal for the Azkals in the 38th minute. This was followed by Phil Younghusband’s precision strike at close range with 10 minutes remaining.

The victory made the Azkals instant celebrities in basketball-crazy Philippines.

It also sent Vietnam’s Portuguese coach Henrique Calisto fuming mad over the Philippines’ defensive style of play.

"If the Philippines think they can win playing that way then my dear, poor, poor football in this region," he said in an interview published on the tournament's official website.

The Philippines went on to score a draw against Myanmar and seize a semifinals slot.

The Azkals, however, failed to advance into the Suzuki Cup finals after bowing to Indonesia in two semifinal games.

Back to top Go down
https://wmptc.forumotion.com

TRIBUTE TO THE AZKALS (Philippine Football Team)
Page 1 of 1